Yippee skippee! It’s June 1st and I’m excited to share the products for our June Doggy Dozen Program.
Gardening has been on my mind for the last few months, so I’ve picked another round of twelve items that will make great lip balms, lotions, scrubs and masks. I’m excited to make products with ingredients that help the dogs and cats over at Four Paws! Here’s the list for you!
- 4 oz Straight Base Jars
- If you love making creams, scrubs or cream soaps, this 4 ounce jar is perfect for you. This is a great size for small scrub quantities and creams for anyone who has a daily slather moisturizing regimen.
- Lavender Hydrosol
- I think Lavender Hydrosol is a great addition to face masks, lotions, and toners. Replace part of your water amount with this hydrosol and away you go with a fabulous product!
- One of my favorite ingredients, Dimethicone has so many different potential uses. Whether you are making hair products or body care products, it is fabulous. My absolute favorite product that uses this ingredient is Poodle Poof aka Hair Detangler. A little bit goes a long way and I love the feeling of my hair long after I’ve styled it.
- Charcoal, Activated
- I love our Activated Charcoal! It is great for coloring soaps as well as adding extra appeal to scrubs and masks.
- Silver Mica
- I’m not a super big glitter junkie, but Silver Mica is my favorite for lip balms, Melt & Pour Soaps and potpourri salts. When I make lip glosses, I almost always reach for the Silver Mica!
- Aurora Pink Day Glo Color
- I love the bubble gum pink that my soaps can take on whenever I use this fabulous color. The best thing is this color is also suitable for use in lip products!
- Mango Butter
- I seriously can’t say enough about this fabulous butter. Mango Butter is a staple in my testing kitchen and I use it as often as I do Shea Butter. It is a great luxury addition to soaps, an indulgent ingredient in lotions and creams as well as a super rich building block in lip balms.
- French Lime Blossom Fragrance Oil
- This soft floral is truly enjoyable. My favorite products where I would use this fragrance are hair care and moisturizers! I may not be a heavy floral fan, but this delicate floral fragrance has started to convert me. I think French Lime Blossom should be a staple in your stash.
- Ginger Pomelo Fragrance Oil
- Citrus scents are so cheery and Ginger Pomelo is no exception. I can never smell this fragrance without a grinning. A wonderful fragrance that will have everyone asking for more!
- Edward Fragrance Oil
- Don’t let the Twilight inspired name keep you away! This fragrance is young, sporty and sexy. Add to your men’s line and watch the shaving soaps, after shaves and beard oils just fly off the shelf! I’ve been told by a number of soapmakers that they can’t keep their shelves stocked with Edward.
- Cheesecake Flavor Oil
- Oohh la la! Can you say decadent? I love pairing Cheesecake with almost any other flavor to make lip balms that fly out of shipping by popular demand. I love my batch of Ultimate Tiramisu Lip Balm and I’m sad that I’m almost out. That being said, I can’t wait to try mixing Cheesecake with our new Blueberry Flavor!
- Red Licorice Flavor Oil
- This flavor tastes like childhood. Sometimes cherry, sometimes berry, always red licorice! Summer is here and the kids are out enjoying the sun. Why not add a lip balm that you know they will use?
P.S. Supporting local programs like Four Paws is fun. Check your local yellow pages for a shelter or rescue group that needs your help. Find a furry friend to bring home or help support them with time, services or donations. Shelters and rescue groups truly value every little bit of support!