What if you don’t want bubbles or a fizzing bath but you want a nicely scented bath? Bath salts can be your answer! I’ll scent these Bath Salts with Punch Party Fragrance Oil and color them with Purple Raspberry. Bath salts are also another great project to sit down and do with kids.
#1 Collect the items you need.
- Salt, I used Fine Dead Sea Salt, but coarse sea salt, or epsom salt works well too.
- Fragrance Oil of your choice
- One of the four powdered dyes (Grape, Purple Raspberry, Lemon Yellow, Ocean Blue)
- Bottle with spray head, I used the 2 oz PET Boston Round Bottles, 20mm and the 20mm Black Spray Head
- .15 cc scoops for measuring dyes
- Small transfer pipettes
- Gallon size Zipper style bags
- Decorative bags for giving
#2 Add .15cc of color to 2 fl oz of water. Cap bottle and shake to ensure that the color is mixed thoroughly.
#3 Pour salt into the zipper bag.
#4 Add your selected fragrance to the salt. I used the Fragrance Calculator to determine the amount of fragrance I needed for 2 pounds of salt. For a moderate scent, the Fragrance Calculator suggested that I use 8.1 mL. I’ll just round that recommendation down to 8 mL for my own sanity.
#5 Knead the fragrance into the salt. Once the clumps are gone, we can start adding color.
#6 Spray the color over the salt. I usually give 2-5 spritzes for the start.
#7 Shake the salt to blend the color. You may have to spritz the salt again to get the color you desire. I spritzed color to this salt 4 times. For a brighter color just continue to spray apply this color until the desired color is achieved.
#8 Now the bath salts are ready for scooping into the decorative bags.
#9 Hooray! The bath salts are now finished and ready to gift to that someone special in your life. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to wash your hands and clean up the counter. Dry color is very potent and can color the next person, or sandwich, that touches the counter surface.