HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!! Its the 4th of July weekend! All of us here at The Sage are some lucky ducks because we are getting a 4 day weekend. Wooohooo! Here in Cache Valley there is an event called Freedom Fire every year. They light off fireworks that the whole town can see and celebrate with some rockin tunes. I plan to spend tonight around a fire with close friends. After dark we’ll climb up on the roof and watch the fireworks explode. We want everyone to have a fun and safe weekend so here are some tips to keep your weekend safe.
- Never allow children to play with or ignite fireworks.
- Never try to re-light or pick up fireworks that have no ignited fully.
- Keep a bucket of water or a garden hose near by in case of fire.
- Make sure there are no restrictions on fireworks in your area before you buy or use them.
- Light fireworks one at a time and move back quickly!
- As fun as it may seem don’t hold the firework while it is going off! Light them on the ground.
- Fireworks caused an estimated 10,500 injuries in 2014.
- 7,000 of those injuries were during a one month period. (June20 – July 20)
- 19% of those injuries were to the eyes.
- Males accounted for 74% of those firework injuries.
Data from the U.S. Eye Injury Registry shows that bystanders aremore often injured by fireworks than operators themselves.
- There were 11 fireworks related deaths in 2014.
Please stay safe out there this weekend! Last but not least, HAVE FUN!!! If you have any fun plans let me know what your doing. Everyone here at The Sage wishes you a happy 4th of July! Stay tuned, tomorrow we will be releasing the Doggy Dozen Products for July.